Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Shoebox Tuesday

While working in my craft room on cards for my friends and family I always decide if the card is one that will work for our project and sometimes with the supplies I have out I come up with different project and that was the case on this card. I was working on our grand-daughter's back to school card and had the Nuvo Crystal Drops and remember a card Justine Hovey did with a PPP set so this card came about from that. It's clean and almost simple but I liked it as it's colorful and even though it did take me a bit of time to do it was simple.

I stamped my rainbow image with amalgam ink whisper which is a  pretty light color but great for this as you don't want your ink to show, the I used my Nuvo Crystal Drops for the pink, orange, green and purple and one Liquid Pearls as I didn't have a blue or yellow in Nuvo Drops...yet also, as you can see I didn't have red but I had hot pink which was fine for me, pink or red same difference in the rainbow as this stamp didn't have enough lines for all the colors anyway LOL As you might know when you used this kind of enamel mediums if you let them dry over night they will maintain their full dimension, but if you want them to be in the flat side after 45min-an hour you can put something on top and they will have more of a flat look. I love the flat look most of the time as you have the look of dimension but not the bulkiness specially when I'm donating cards but for this card I did let the card dry over night as I want it to look like pearls then I added my message which is from rainbow2stamp set by The Stamps of Life with VersaFine Clair nocturne


No comments:

Post a Comment