Tuesday, August 27, 2019

New Home

A couple friends move recently, one moved out of state and the other just farther up away than where she was so wanted to make them a card. New home cards are a bit hard to make specially because it's a big change in their lives, personally they are harder than a sympathy card LOL
I kept going through all my stamps and none were calling my name then I saw the recent set by W Plus 9 or I think it was recent and decided that was the one I wanted to use but of course it was out of stock that's why I thought it was recent as both places I normally shop at was out for so long and by the time the stamp was in stock the dies weren't. Normally I don't buy dies as usually they don't match right, my OCD I guess, anyway the idea I had originally was cutting too many pieces and as much as I hate dismatching dies I hate fuzzy cutting so decided to wait for the dies by the time the dies were available I changed my idea LOL but still used the dies and ended up fuzzy cutting as only The Stamps of Life gives you two options of cutting your images which is great love that! anyway this is the card I made.

I used for my front layer half of sheet of the Concord & 9th hues starter cards, my images are were colored with Copic Markers and the set is called neighbors, the washi tape I believe I got at Impress, and the messages in the front and inside are from Technique Tuesday set home is. All stamping was done with Hero Arts intense black another ink I'm trying to see if I like. It's Copic friendly not very black unless you stamp a couple time and again it stains the stamps.  I added Spectrum Noir sparkle crystal clear on the house I wanted a little glitter but this time you can see it as somehow I press the barrel I guess too much and a lot came out LOL I do like this glitter brush better than Wink of Stella, you can see the glitter better even with a lighter touch



No comments:

Post a Comment