Thursday, July 19, 2018

Shoebox Thursday

For today's project I have another Christmas fun fold card. I had gotten this type of card in a swap many years ago and I was putting cards in a donation box when I came across this card as one I saved as to do some day well it finally came. I altered the measurements to fit more evenly to the card but otherwise it's the same fold.

The card sits on a 4.25" x 5.5" card base but I also had a sample with a backing that was a regular card base 8.5" x 5.5" score at 4.25" both cards looked exactly the same on the front but one the back had a white card base.

Because of the type of card it could open to the left or the right depending on how you cut your angle so and your layers that pretty much was what was important depending on the papers you use specially if they're not double sided or directional. For both cards we used on the front wondrous wreath set with rhubarb stalk ink the layers were done with double stitched rectangles by Kat Scrappiness


for the inside we used special season set with rhubarb stalk ink for the message, mowed lawn ink for the tree and rich cocoa dual marker for the trunk


For this one that opened to the right I made it full card base but is exactly as the other, I didn't leave any border on the red layer that went on top of the white base





No comments:

Post a Comment