Monday, July 23, 2018

Shoebox Monday

For today's project, I have another Christmas fun card project and again not much stamping. This time it's a step card or stepper card depends on who you ask some even call it totally different but back in the day when I did my first card it was a step card so that what it is for me 😋 My friends had one way of doing it but I showed them two cards. The first card is the one they did, it uses two piece of cardstock the base it's 11" x 4-1/4" score at 5-1/2" so you'll end up with a regular A2 card the second piece it's would depend on you, on how much border you want, because I didn't have a heavy cardstock in red I had to use white I wanted a small border between my white and my green which ended up 10-1/4" x 4-1/8" and your background paper is also depending on how much border you want I let them with 1/8" around them. The tree is from the set nesties Xmas trees by Sparkle N Sprinkle stamped with bamboo leaves ink die cut with matching dies by Spellbinders 2010 Holiday Tree and sponge the same ink around it. We didn't add any message as pretty much I was just showing them the fold



for this other fold we used the same product except I used a different tree in the set and sponged all over to cover more of the white. It only uses one sheet of paper 11" x 5-1/2" in this case but you can make it any width you want and again the decorative papers all depends on how big or small you want your border. 


I like, most of the time, to cover the white cardstock and show off the color cardstock. Do like using white card bases when I'm donating cards so I don't have to add an insert, so the people have where to write their message and when using for personal use I always use an insert regardless of the color of the card stock just because it's easier in case I mess up so I don't have to worry about covering up a nice finished card, the insert gets glued after it's done not before 😊 I know that a lot of people use white or vanilla for cost but we are card makers so we know that if we buy a Hallmark card it would cost between $1-$10 our cards can cost from $5-$50 just in materials LOL of course we an reuse some of the materials, and maybe some day our cards might be free to make with all the materials we have been hoarding, because our labor is always free of charge. I tell Bret that if I charge my labor no one could afford my cards LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment