Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Gift card holder

Can you tell I'm catching up :0) last week's Sunday Tip or Technique was a beanie hat gift card holder by Carolina I made mine with the Brother Scan N Cut, so I took it a step further. My circle was 5-1/4" instead of 5" as the gift card kept showing up. Since I cut it with the machine I could cut the base the size I wanted and then the half circle to fit it. So the half circle was 5-1/4" x 2-9/16" and the base was 5-1/4" x 3-1/8" so it could cover the whole back side as I didn't like the uneven half circles...just my OCD kicking in :0) I don't really like the eyelets showing so I set it with the color on the outside so it would look more finished, and on the front you can't see the eyelet at all. and used a pom pom on the top. After I punched the border with Martha Stewart punch I added some glitter paper on back to give it a little sparkle also rounded the two corners






No comments:

Post a Comment