Thursday, September 30, 2021

Happy Fall Heroes

It's was time again to honor the heroes in my city so I made them a Fall card. For these cards I played with my Concord & 9th thankful leaves turnabout. It had been a few years since I played with this set. I cut my Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 80 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock to 6 x 6 so I could make either regular A2 card or mini slimline card I used Altenew crisp die inks summer afternoon collection caramel toffee, fall harvest collection pumpkin pie, tropical forest collection olive, green fields collection evergreen. After I finished I decided I wanted to use the set's leaf so went for an A2 card size so cut 3 layers of brown and then with the same inks I did the background I used some blending brushes from Amazon, on another piece and then die cut that. From my scrap bowl I grabbed pieces and stamped happy fall from Autumn fairies stamp set by Poppy Stamps with VersaFine Clair pine cone. I die cut my background piece with double stitched rectangle dies by Kat Scrappiness and then stamped with VersaFine Clair pine cone my message from My Hero stamp set by Honey Bee Stamps mounted the layer to a brownish layer that was die cut with Cindy Echtinaw Designs Card Creator Perfect Layers and finally mounted all to my base of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 120 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock

This is what I originally wanted to do but the flags were hard to do on the banner


so this is what I did


then when I was half way through I thought of something which I liked more but I couldn't find all the pieces since I had tossed them in the recycle bin so decided everyone had to get the same card so continue with the card as above BUT if I were to do it all over I would do the inlay technique even if it takes longer, not the banner though LOL


Since I had left over about 2" as I had done 6x6 I decorated the inside something I normally don't do, the stamp is from All seasons tree stamp set by Heartfelt Creations

 








2 comments: