Thursday, September 16, 2021

Happy Independence Day

 Today is our Independence Day in Mexico. I made this card using some left over items I had in my unfinished box as I ran out of time this time around. For this card I don't know why but I started by cutting all my layers even glue everything except for the top that I stenciled. Since it was for Bret only and yes it's not his holiday but since I get to celebrate all the US holidays he gets to celebrate all my holidays too and that includes he gets the cards for them 😀 this card was about 5x7 give or take everything was to match my message that means I cut my message with Rectangle stitched Framelits by SU then cut extra 3 layers with scrap cardstock, then mounted it to Recollections 110 lb. red punch cardstock pack, another scrap of white and Recollections 65 lb. feathered green cardstock pack then measure a piece of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 80 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock for my layer to stencil and then cut my other piece of red, white and green to match the frame I wanted and mounted those into a card base of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 120 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock.

For my stencil piece I used Tim Holtz distress broken China with Ergonomic blending tool brush and DIY cloud stencil from cloud slimline dies and Tim Holtz distress pumice stone with Erin Lee Creative blending brush and DIY pebbles ground from pebbles die by Elizabeth Craft Designs. My dress was done years ago with my Brother Scan N Cut and I wanted to add a flag but couldn't find it but found a sticker so added that. Then glue message and finally attached to the rest of the pieces



No comments:

Post a Comment