Saturday, June 12, 2021

Happy 94th

 Today one of my adopted aunts celebrated her birthday, she turned 94! I am hoping to make it to my big 60th in 4 years so celebrating her 94th is a big deal. 

I decided to play with the 3D folders the way Jennifer McGuire had showed a while ago so I dig all the folders I had and since I also took a layering dies class with Altenew I combined both for this card.

For my base I used Recollections 110 lb. white cardstock, then used a layer of Recollections 65 lb. gray cardstock which I cover the whole base then cut a layer of Park Lane smooth 110 lb. black solid core cardstock with Cindy Echtinaw Designs Card Creator Perfect Layers A and embossed it with Mosaic 3D embossing folder by SU with a mini blending tool I applied Brilliance fast-drying pigment moonlight white dew drop ink very careful so I would only get it on the high areas then die cut my Layered Rose die by Altenew Freebie from Simply Cards & Papercrafts Issue 174 using scraps of white and gray papers added some Nuvo Crystal Drops gloss oyster gray, the message is from uplifting thoughts stamp set by Concord & 9th with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink and cut with rectangle stitched Framelits 

I tried this technique with regular embossing folders didn't work as well so the difference between 3D and regular folder does make a difference 😁




No comments:

Post a Comment