Saturday, June 19, 2021

Feliz Día del Padre

México as the US celebrates Father's day tomorrow, the 3rd Sunday in June so I was debating what to do for my dad, seems it's hard to make a card for one parent and not to out do the other. The companies in the US seems to make lots of pretty sets for Mother's Day or around that time with "honey, sweet" messages that maybe some might use and for dads TO MY opinion are totally very simple IF they come out with any including messages. So having to come up with a card for my dad not having options it's always hard. He can't have a tie card every year especially since he hasn't work in 15 years or more, anyway when I got My Monthly Hero kit and saw a background I did last year with alcohol markers I knew what I wanted to do but somehow I don't know if I used the wrong ink or what but after I stamped with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink on the background it was coming on my fingers not just the black but also the alcohol ink which was done last June so decided to let it dry until the next day. Next day it was the same, still coming off on my fingers and that is a no!no! decided to heat dry but I think I must have heat the yupo paper too much or something as it started like melting so had to go plan B😞

Cut a layer of Bristol smooth surface 100 lb. bigger than I need and using my Altenew  ergonomic brush I applied distress oxide ink: broken china, peacock feathers, faded jeans, chipped sapphire & seedless preserves then cut the layer I needed and stamped the bigger image I wanted with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink then on the other piece stamped the other images fishes and sea life and die cut them then added with Picket Fence Studios life changing blender brush twisted citron, mowed lawn, died marigold, ripped persimmon, seedless preserves and candied apple just to change the color; also cut 3 or 4 pieces in black to give them dimension; the message was from Deseos Pequeñitos stamp set by SU with VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink cut it with word window punch, mounted on modern label punch both by SU and added basic jewels pearls; mounted all to Park Lane smooth 110 lb. black solid core cardstock and finally to my base of Recollections 110 lb. white cardstock



No comments:

Post a Comment