Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Happy 60th!

Today my dear hubby is turning 60, I had a hard time coming up with a card for him. For me every birthday is a blessing as not everyone has that privilege to celebrate one but of course this is a milestone not just another birthday. At the end I ended up making one of the tower cards Sam at Mixed Up Crafts made recently. 

You know when people say 20 min from start to finish and that is not true obviously, at least to me because it's not even 20 to put the cards together in their video but the honest you have to add the time it takes to gather the supplies, cut the paper etc so if you we planning to only craft 20 and be done with the 10 or so cards they say that may not be happening anyway this card took me a week LOL not that it takes that long the card itself it was just all the thinking that it when after I started and to me all that counts in my process...start to finish! it was pretty easy the cutting bases, and scoring even the OCD scoring, picked a paper and cut it then picked my stamped set and matching die but that's when the problem started I wanted more, I needed more so the die cutting started and before long I was digging for information at the end this is what I ended up with.

No this card doesn't fold flat but that is my fault somewhere I didn't glue right and was not even something, Sam said to be careful but I was just paying attention on something else being straight anyway it's for Bret so no mailing necessary. Each square has something very important in our life or his life mostly our life. The coloring of the hot air balloons were done with Copic Markers and they were cut the small ones 3 times and the big one 4 times plus the color pieces behind from up & away thinlits dies by SU, the happy birthday is from happycalligraphy2stamp by The Stamps of Life stamped with Hero Arts intense black twice didn't want a dark ink as I was stamping the 60 with bahama blue on top and it's by Creative Vision, Big 60, the th comes from memorable moments by SU same ink; the other message if from lift me up also by SU and that was stamped with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink. My base and all white cardstock was Recollections 110 lb. white cardstock and my hot air balloons paper is by American Crafts. I used a mini blending tool to add some color to the clouds with Distress Ink hickory smoke







No comments:

Post a Comment