Thursday, April 19, 2018

Shoebox Thursday

For today's shoebox project I'm doing another card that is going around, for this one I believe the name is closure card. The first time I saw it was with Rachel Tessman she called it dragonfly closure card so I'm doing it her way but then I saw the way Frenchie  which I like, my other card is not exactly like hers as it was too much work or complicated to cut the opening with two dies, and I like uncomplicated things 😊

For Rachel's idea was using a 6x6 piece of paper and you cut your inside then from the left over you cut your front. My inside is 4x5.25" my front is 2x4.25" I glued the front about 5/8" away from edge then punched with classic label by SU, my message on the front is from sale-a-bration epic celebrations set with gathered twigs ink, the message on the inside is from beautiful bouquet set by SU also with gathered twigs ink, the dragonfly is from detailed dragonfly thinlits also by SU, the rhinestones were colored with Copic marker





For this card, that was sort of going to Frenchie's idea I used the same sets but with tuxedo black ink. On the front I stamped it and punched it out with large oval by SU, the pearls on the dragonfly were colored with Copic marker just because I had the white pearls out and markers are always at arm reach, I do have black pearls but I would have had to get up an get them LOL for my opening I used ribbon banners die by Spellbinders, I masked my die cutting just what I needed for the dragonfly. For this one I used 4x6" paper. Cut my front 4x5.25" and from the scraps cut my piece for the inside. If I were to make this kind again I would move the dragonfly to the left side or where the paper is to have more room to write. I can still write but the dragonfly is sort of in the way




I gave my friends 6x6 papers to pick their own card, so even though I did a lot of things for them they had to pick their paper and cut then punch

No comments:

Post a Comment