Saturday, February 25, 2017

Stamp Stamp Stamp SU Workshop

Today I attended a SU workshop with two of the local demonstrators. We got to do 4 cards. Each one made two of the designs or layouts and were inspired by something they saw on Pinterest or Splitcoast, they did they're own twist to it.

For this first card, we used hostess set love you lots stamped with tuxedo black, I colored it with Copic Markers but they had blender pen and ink to color it with cucumber crush and then fuzzy cutting it. There was two options of dies for the words I chose the one that was on the Thinlits set mini treat bag. The frog is mounted on foam and the twine is thick cucumber crush


For this second card, we used that's the tag set stamped with tuxedo black and emerald envy and then got to die cut that piece with timeless tags thinlits all the other pieces were already cut for us so we just had to put together, the ribbon is ruched emerald envy. I mounted my tag with foam on the right side only



For this third card, we had to do a technique I don't like but there was no way around it, unfortunately, is the adding ink to the block with markers then stamping on paper...using so saffron, delightful dijon & crushed curry. On top we added flourish Thinlits die, they had regular white pearls and sharpie to color in black but I just put actual black pearls from my stash when I got home and instead of putting here and there I added to each dot :0) the sample had a sympathy message and it was horizontal card but when I added my flourish I didn't pay attention to the opening of my card just was making sure there was plenty of room for my message and when I was going to stamp my message I did check on the opening which was on the wrong side so message was still on the bottom but making a vertical card instead of horizontal; the message was from cottage greetings set with tuxedo black


On this fourth and last card, we used the masking technique. We stamped the girl from beautiful you set with tuxedo black then we masked it and then stamped the image from Mediterranean moments also with tuxedo black, the message is part of a word from beautiful you set stamped with tempting turquoise. We were supposed to colored with blender pens and inks but I colored mine with Copic markers just doing a little shading not a lot since at the end there was no shading done :0) I did a bit different coloring as I colored all the greenery I saw and didn't color any of the ground the original card had some "grass" color on the ground but to me it was more dirt or sand so decided to leave it uncolored otherwise it would have to be brown and then would keep coloring LOL also I mounted the top layer on foam just because





No comments:

Post a Comment