Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Shoebox Tuesday

For today's shoebox project I had a birthday card inspired by a card by Connie S. When I was picking my papers I found some papers that were already cut so decided to use those. All I had to do was find ink that would match the paper and would be perfect. Connie used white and black cardstock and colored ink which would be easy but I don't like to stamp on my base layer yes I know not a big deal but a lot of time we screw up and just easier to toss a short layer than the whole base or we end up cutting the piece anyway so might as well start with a short layer and glue to base :0) my OCD clicking in LOL anyway I picked two colors because I just had a few sheets of each so decided I can get rid off them all and they could pick which everone they wanted to do, one would be more of a girl/female birthday card the other could be anyone but of course more male/boy

My border between my base and first layer is 1/16" all around, I used balloon celebration SU set for my background...Connie used the same set...balloon adventures for everything I decided to add another set first, to use the older set since I hadn't use it in a while and also I wanted to use the dotty stamp for shadow so might as well use more that just one stamp :0) after stamping the background I glued to my base card. My black piece has about 1/4" border all around to the previous layer and my top white layer is about 1/16" smaller all around. I stamped my message with tuxedo black and colored in the "another year" with Spectrum Noir marker, all stamping except message on this card was done with twisted citron ink


for this card all stamping except message was done with rose bud and colored in "another year" with Copic Marker


No comments:

Post a Comment