Thursday, August 18, 2016

Shoebox Thursday

This week is my week to host our meeting and provide the shoebox project.  I picked a set I have not used before as I really didn't know what to do with it. I used to belong to The Stamps of Life club and you never know what you get each month, some sets were stamps I would totally never buy so having a hard time coming up with ideas but my plan is to make at least one card with all sets :0) Anyway, checking their gallery for the snail2mail set found a card that called my attention mainly because I was getting all my scraps out of my drawers to give away and the card used pieces of paper so didn't really have to do much cutting :0) picked colors and hope they were the perfect size, did have to cut a bit length wise but otherwise they fit perfectly

For both the yellow and green piece I used a different stamp from the ink blot set by CTMH. On the yellow piece I used dandelion ink and on the green piece, I used new sprout ink. The thank you is a stamp by De Nami Designs stamped with tuxedo black. For the snail, I used the kissing technique. I used my MISTI to make the double stamping easy. For the body, I first stamped with desert sand then reinked the stamp with toffee crunch and kissed it with Stampscapes tonal applicator stamp and stamped; for the shell, I first stamped with new sprout then reinked with cantaloupe and kissed it with a dots stamp by Impress and stamped. The snail was cut with my Brother Scan N Cut. I added liquid pearls on the tip of the antenna and enamel accent black on the eyes


No comments:

Post a Comment