Monday, April 25, 2016

Spring card bash

Last Saturday I attended another SU workshop with a different local demonstrator, we got to make 4 spring cards. Mostly, products that are retiring.

I like it when demonstrators concentrate on working on RETIRED or retiring products especially when the new products are not available until June. Too bad all demonstrator just think about the business part...selling not showing what you can still do with things they had encouraged us to buy :0)

I made a few changes, they did a good job with their cards but there were things I just had to do my way :0)

This first card, the bush originally was done with blender pen and ink but I don't really like that medium so I used simple coloring no shading or anything with my Copic markers, I tried cutting the dragonfly with Scan N Cut but didn't work so ended up just fuzzy cutting. It was also for mother's day so I made it any occasion card. The products we used were awesomely artistic, circle of spring set, oval collection Framelits, circle punch, scallop punch, brick textured impressions embossing folder.

I also added some Wink of Stella on the dragonfly...which doesn't show on photo and bent the wings and tail


For this card, I changed the message, can't remember what the sample had, it was from grateful bunch set, but I wanted something more generic :0) this stamp -by Endless Creations -was on my desk so that's what I used. Other supplies Lots of labels Framelits, botanical builder Framelits and the curvy corner triple punch


For this card, pretty much was like sample except I use a different message. Since the set was at our disposal we could pick whatever we wanted. We used everything Eleanor, hexagon hive Thinlits, and many more set, word window punch, stitched satin ribbon


This last card, we had two choices I use neither one LOL the first sample was a wedding card and it had the couple on top of the roof. The second was a travel card, it had suitcases on top of the roof and a dog in the back window. I decided not to use anything with my car. The background was colored with the acrylic block as a stamp, but as you know I don't like that technique so I decided just to use ink with sponges creating clouds with a template; for my ground so the car wasn't flying I used a washi tape I got at Impress. Colored the car with Copic markers. The other supplies were serene silhouettes and beautiful ride. This car reminds me of my very first car 1966 and second car 1992 :0)



No comments:

Post a Comment