Sunday, July 27, 2014

Jar shaped card

On one of the blogs I follow, I believe Dawn's had a card in the shape of a jar so I decided to try it BUT I didn't like how the bottom was so I just used a corner rounder. TO ME the whole purpose of following a blog by email is to get the message and sample without having to go to their blog specially since I don't go blogs or website right away as on this case I didn't have time to check her video tutorial so of course when I first played with this I did it the regular 8.5 x 5.5 size but didn't think it through and when adding the twine you couldn't open the card without undoing the knot so I decided to do it the opposite way 11 x 4.25 and it worked great. I added a scoring on the front side to make it nicer to open. On her tutorial that I finally watch she thread the twine through the "hole" area duh how smart LOL probably I would have figure that out if I kept playing with it more but I just decided to do it the other way and liked the results plus the twine goes around the whole card not just the front :0)

All the cut outs were done with the Brother Scan N Cut machine, the jar shape was done with the envelope punch board. The stars embossing folder is by Craft Concept. The patriotic twine is Maya Road that after a year I'm finally using it :0)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment