Sunday, May 18, 2014

Heirloom Stamp Show

I'm still working on my craft room it feels like forever since I started this refreshment on my room but so far I love it.

The Heirloom stamp show was fun as always. This year it seemed even smaller than last year (only 24 booths) but guess nothing we can do about it. I remember when it was jam packed the two floors. We ran into some of the people we always see and pretty much is the only time we see them so that is nice.

There were two companies I didn't recognized the name, one was K Kreations from CA and the other Sweet Stamps from MI. This last company reminds me of Sweet Impressions even had some of the stamps I bought from them before going out of business...same size, same font, and a lot of the same designs at least they look alike as I have their catalog. There was a cute 8 year old boy named Chase that was in charge of the make and take with the sister he was just adorable and very crafty :0)

As I mention before Endless Creations is one of our favorite companies that come to the show. We spend a lot of time there. Beth has bunch of make & takes for $2 and you get to pick what you want to do. I normally try and do every new card she has available except Christmas. This year there were only 8 cards I hadn't done.

This is Beth (center), owner of Endless Creations and Darlene.

These are the cards I made. If there was any coloring done I used my Copic markers either the colors Beth suggested or colors that would match as much as possible to her papers



The following cards were "z" or "s" cards. They can be done with the Sizzix die but she had precut card packs on all of her color papers. The bows were done same direction as the ribbon,  I kind of like it better this way

This one was the only one I changed other than the bows, instead of adding white gel pen I decided to add faux pearls on both flowers and on the "i" in friend






Other booths had make and takes BUT I just couldn't handle the mess that it was either making them or the messy hands of the person doing it.

These are some of the companies that come and we enjoy checking everything they have whether we buy or not
Local King RS from Canada
B&J's Art Stamps from NM
JudiKins from CA
Art Impressions/Stamp Town from OR
Scrap-Mart from OK
Tessler stamps/Stencils Co. from CA
The Stamp Doctor from ID
DeNami Design from WA
Some Assembly Required from WA
Rubbernecker Stamps from CA
Stamping Fools from OR

and these others we do go through them but not my style of things I'm interested
Lost Coast Designs
Washi Accents
Creations Unlimited
Invoke Arts
Close to my heart
Stampland
Bello Modo
Paper Parachute
Animal Spirit Stamps

And of course Stampin' Up. They always have the retired sets for a very good price mostly $10-$15 flat rates I like going through them, not being a demostrator I might be lucky to get the retired stamp I didn't get for a good deal. I think is nice that they rather sell for a good deal the stuff they can't use in there workshops because they're retired than asking what they paid for mainly because they're retired :0)




No comments:

Post a Comment