Sunday, June 19, 2022

Happy Father's Day

Hope you all father's out there have a wonderful day. This is the card I made for Bret.

When I saw Sam’s tutorial for faux step card at Mixed Up Craft of course had to tried it as I enjoyed making step cards. I made mine 4.25 x 5.5 but it’s too bulky so does need extra postage. I changed my card not only on size from Sam’s tutorial but on the bottom, I decided to add the same stopper on the two steps as they didn’t stay put. Also, I did cover the whole panel not just the "step" I did cut the "steps" but decided not to bother since it didn't matter 😊Bret wasn't going to know either way 

I started by using a piece of Bristol smooth surface 100 lb. and songbirds on branches coordinating hot foil plate by Pinkfresh Studio then using the layered stencils and blending brushes colored the images with Tim Holtz distress oxide inks. Bird 1: specked egg, fossilized amber, wild honey; Bird 2: ripe persimmon, tea dye, wild honey; Leaves: bundles sage, crushed olive; Flowers: wilted violet, dusty concord. Used the coordinating cut die to cut the image plus extra layers in white cardstock for dimension.

For the card case used Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 120 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock for the layers Recollections 110 lb. black cardstock and Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 80 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock I ran with wood slats embossing folder by CTMH then I mounted the die cuts  

For the front message used Glimmer hot foil plate everyday sentiments II by Spellbinders die cut with Cindy Echtinaw Designs Card Creator Perfect Layers B.

For the back because I don’t like the personal message to show on this type of cards, I added a folded note card and used tiny magnets to keep it closed and decided to decorate the back with some of the same die cuts. Sentiment is Happy Father’s Day stamp by My Sentiments Exactly! With Tim Holtz distress ink brushed corduroy







No comments:

Post a Comment