Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Create & Connect 2

I joined the Pinkfresh Studio Create & Connect online event in May. It was a two day event with 3 classes on Saturday and 2 classes on Sunday plus a demo. Each class included 2 cards except for the watercolor class that was just the technique. Also, there was a make & take on each class. 

I decided to watch the classes and then work on my cards so at the end I did my own thing but trying to follow the class idea. In some I did change a bit others a lot but guess that's where our creativity comes in place. I didn't follow their colors because well I didn't use their inks so I did what I was feeling at the moment. For 4 classes I used Altenew crisp dye inks and the one that was supposed to be watercolor since I don't do watercolor I used distress oxide inks

The second class was with Channin Pelletier with the peony fantasy bundle with included stamp set, layered stencils and coordinating dies 

For the second card, started by die cutting essentials mini slimline frames 3 times and gluing them together for dimension. Because I didn’t like how it was on the first class with Lea when you emboss the inner part and I didn't want a whole panel, I cut a layer embossed it with coordinating hot foil plate geo arch and then cut it to the size of the large frame and used corner concave punch by EK Success to match the frame then added some Altenew crisp dye ink shades of purple collection lavender fields on two of the opposite corners but didn't realized that my flowers cover more area LOL. Then mounted the frames and then mounted all to a mini slimline that was 3-1/8” x 6-1/8” of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 120 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock, added the flowers and iridescent clear drops. For the message I used glimmer hot foil plate everyday sentiments II by Spellbinders die cut with Cindy Echtinaw Designs Card Creator Perfect Layers B 

For the flowers I stamped the image with classic stampin pad Sahara sand as I hadn’t decided if I was going for no line coloring or was going to stamp in black as the class said but went for no line coloring as it's what I prefer after using layered stencils and Altenew crisp dye inks Leaves: nature's wonders collection misty moor, sea shore collection volcano lake & lagoon; Flowers: nature's wonders collection misty moor, enchanted garden collection hydrangea, ultraviolet & andromeda

Finally die cut them with coordinating die plus some extras in white card stock for dimension and finally some iridescent clear drops



 

No comments:

Post a Comment