Sunday, June 26, 2022

Create & Connect 1 make & take

I joined the Pinkfresh Studio Create & Connect online event in May. It was a two day event with 3 classes on Saturday and 2 classes on Sunday plus a demo. Each class included 2 cards except for the watercolor class that was just the technique. Also, there was a make & take on each class. 

I decided to watch the classes and then work on my cards so at the end I did my own thing but trying to follow the class idea. In some I did change a bit others a lot but guess that's where our creativity comes in place. I didn't follow their colors because well I didn't use their inks so I did what I was feeling at the moment. For 4 classes I used Altenew crisp dye inks and the one that was supposed to be watercolor since I don't do watercolor I used distress oxide inks

The first class was with Lea Lawson and it was with the whimsical blooms bundle. This bundle includes slimline stamp set, dies, layered stencils and washi tape. The make & take was done by a different person than who gave the class. I use the same supplies but different.

Since I had made bunch of pieces of the washi tape which was attach the washi tape on white card stock and then die cut them with the coordinating die I had enough choices to pick for my card. I decided to used the big one and cut it in half. Then I took a layer of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 80 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock and embossed it with coordinating hot foil plate geo arch then colored with blending brush opposite corners with Altenew dye ink shades of purple collection soft lilac, should have added a darker ink guess I need to buy a refill for this pad 😊 mounted to an A2 card base of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 120 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock then attached the washi tape pieces to opposite sides the one on the right felt like it was flying so needed to find how to anchor it so used the foiled die cut sentiments 3 for that and finally iridescent clear drops










2 comments: