Monday, June 27, 2022

Create & Connect 2

I joined the Pinkfresh Studio Create & Connect online event in May. It was a two day event with 3 classes on Saturday and 2 classes on Sunday plus a demo. Each class included 2 cards except for the watercolor class that was just the technique. Also, there was a make & take on each class. 

I decided to watch the classes and then work on my cards so at the end I did my own thing but trying to follow the class idea. In some I did change a bit others a lot but guess that's where our creativity comes in place. I didn't follow their colors because well I didn't use their inks so I did what I was feeling at the moment. For 4 classes I used Altenew crisp dye inks and the one that was supposed to be watercolor since I don't do watercolor I used distress oxide inks

The second class was with Channin Pelletier with the peony fantasy bundle with included stamp set, layered stencils and coordinating dies 

For the first card, started by die cutting essentials ornate circle 3 times and gluing them together for dimension and then cut them in half added. The original card was to add the full circles like an 8 but since we were adding the flowers on the top we were covering most of the top circle so to me there was no need for that so cutting it in half I was getting pretty much the same look. Also, I’m not good with splatter so brought a cover plate that only does stitching by Concord & 9th quilted card front die and added my ornate circles on bottom and the flowers on top making sure the edge of the circle were covered with flowers as well as on the bottom so no one will know it wasn’t a full circle, added iridescent clear drops

For the flowers I stamped the image with classic stampin pad Sahara sand as I hadn’t decided if I was going for no line coloring after the layered stencils or was going to stamp with black after I was done as the class said but went for no line coloring as it's what I prefer. Used Altenew crisp dye inks Leaves: nature's wonders collection misty moor, tropical forest collection parrot & olive; Flower 1: nature's wonders collection misty moor, red cosmos collection coral berry, ruby red & grapevine; Flower 2: nature's wonders collection misty moor, cherry blossom collection pinkalicious, rubellite & razzleberry

Finally die cut them with coordinating die plus some extras in white card stock for dimension. Once again decided no to add message so I can either add one when I need it or leave as note card



No comments:

Post a Comment