Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Create & Connect 2 make & take

I joined the Pinkfresh Studio Create & Connect online event in May. It was a two day event with 3 classes on Saturday and 2 classes on Sunday plus a demo. Each class included 2 cards except for the watercolor class that was just the technique. Also, there was a make & take on each class. 

I decided to watch the classes and then work on my cards so at the end I did my own thing but trying to follow the class idea. In some I did change a bit others a lot but guess that's where our creativity comes in place. I didn't follow their colors because well I didn't use their inks so I did what I was feeling at the moment. For 4 classes I used Altenew crisp dye inks and the one that was supposed to be watercolor since I don't do watercolor I used distress oxide inks

The second class was with Channin Pelletier with the peony fantasy bundle with included stamp set, layered stencils and coordinating dies. The make & take was done by someone other than who did the class.

For my make & take card, started by embossing with coordinating hot foil plate geo arch a layer of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 80 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock then I die cut the coordination cuts gazebo a couple times. I didn't like just the gazebo felt too busy so decided to do inlaid technique then arranged all the flowers and because of the colors I used I added metallic gold jewels by Petty Pink Posh, the message is from glimmer hot foil plate Yana’s sentiments by Spellbinders 

For the flowers I stamped the image with classic stampin pad Sahara sand as I hadn’t decided if I was going for no line coloring or was going to stamp with black ink but went for no line coloring after using layered stencils and Altenew crisp dye inks Leaves: nature's wonders collection misty moor, green fields collection frayed leaf & forest glades; Flower 1: nature's wonders collection misty moor, warm and cozy collection Sunkissed, orange cream & autumn blaze; Flower 2: summer afternoon collection buttercream, warm sunshine & caramel toffee

Finally die cut them with coordinating die


 

2 comments:

  1. Another absolutely beautiful card! Color choices are lovely and the layout is so cheery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Marilyn of course from this class my favorite was the purple as I love purple but then this combo not that I didn't like the red & pink

    ReplyDelete