Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Challenge

I get my paper pumpkin from Rachel Tessman and every so often she sends a little gift/challenge supplies from the catalogs that coordinate with one of the paper pumpkins we are getting this time was with the May kit Hugs from Shelli.

This is what she sent me: not sure what color of the carc base cardstock it was but the two layers were whisper white and very vanilla cut with the new stitched nested labels dies in different sizes, 3 pieces of the DSP bird ballad, piece of very vanilla scalloped lace trim and 3 gingham gala adhesive-backed sequins

Since my paper pumpkin arrived at the same time as the challenge/gift decided to open it and see if I can use the kit to coordinate the supplies of if I was going to do something else but actually I was able to come up with something together and this is what I did.

For my first project, I cut one of the card bases in half used the printed part mounted it on early espresso cardstock and the mounted on a petal pink card base. Fuzzy cut the bird from my supplies and also added the lace trim


for my next project, I cut another card base in half using just the printed part, grabbed the whisper white layer from my supplies and stamped with pool party second generation with the dotted stamp in the kit all over the layer and then with the same ink stamped like 3 times the hello so it was very dark and then mounted so the 2 birds were the focal point and used the vellum die cuts from the kit as well as the linen thread from kit to embellish


and the last card I did for the challenge was using the very vanilla layer and the DSP with two birds. I die cut the layer with my rectangle stitched framelits so it was a continues pattern although the new dies are not stitching but piecing and now they are not framelits or thinlits either just dies. I aligned the birds so they would show perfectly on the opening then mounted them on early espresso cardstock and then on a very vanilla card base then I used two die cut labels from the kit, on me I stamped my greeting from the kit and mounted on foam to the other label and also attached the gingham gala adhesive-backed sequins




No comments:

Post a Comment