Thursday, March 7, 2019

Shoebox Thursday

For today's project I decided to do my Sunday Tip or Technique from one of my Yahoo Groups. It was the faux silk. It has been a technique before very long time ago but it's one of those that is liked and we got a reminder to use it again.

I did my card pretty simple, stamped my image with VersaFine Clair nocturne then the flower was stamped with grapefruit grove, it's a 3 step stamp so I stamped the first stamp once, the second stamp twice and the 3rd stamped 3 or 4 times all with the same ink so I didn't have to worry about finding other tones, the leaves were colored with Copic markers and I only colored one type of the leaves very simple no shading or anything so decided to just give regular markers for them to color as you couldn't tell how it was colored. Then I cover the whole thing with glue stick and then crunched a piece of tissue bigger than my cardstock and attached to the cs press down not smoothing just pressing down and then did hospital corners because I have OCD and don't trust glue stick I know every tutorial I saw they cut right at the edge of the cs but I don't trust glue stick maybe because I have gotten cards that I had to put together and I can only assume it was glued with glue stick or snail?? anyway cutting hospital corners you turned the excess towards the back and have nice corners and you know your tissue is never coming apart, mounted it on matching cardstock, I put some grapefruit grove organdy sale-a-bration ribbon mounted on foam

Decided no to add message so I can use it for anything I want

No comments:

Post a Comment