Sunday, February 24, 2019

Challenge

I get my Paper Pumpkin from Rachel Tessman and once in a while she sends us a gift/challenge in the mail which since I join with her is when the kits match supplies in the catalog. This time I don't really know how the things she sent are matching with the kit this month but it was fun playing with them. If you have seen the kit it's about succulents which it has not call me to work on it but the challenge in the other hand I had fun and used pretty much every thing!

This is what Rachel sent me...a piece of lemon lime twist card stock, half of a clear box (those boxes you use to put cards in for gift) and 6 pieces of 4x4 double sided sale-a-bration botanical butterfly DSP



For my first project, I used the piece of card stock, the half box and the lemon lime twist 4x4 piece of DSP and made like a little box for something either to hold post-it notes, business cards, etc. it stands on its on so you can put anything even candy 😀 I used butterfly gala set with lemon lime twist ink and matching punch butterfly duet; the message if from this month's PP grown with kindness kit also with lemon lime twist, the You is mounted on foam and it's from hugs needed set by Pink & Main same ink



For this next project, I used the grapefruit grove piece of DSP mounted on black and then mounted on another grapefruit grove piece. Punched vellum butterflies with the butterfly duet punch for every butterfly that had a body so I glue the vellum from the body and then added black pearls to cover the glue and bend the wings, some are out of the square. All the message is this month's PP grown with kindness kit with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink



For this project, is pretty much the same as above but using the little butterflies. I didn't know which color was the yellows on the DSP so looking in my SU papers picked one of the darker yellows and that's what I used as my layer, which I cut in 3 one to frame the 4x4 piece and the other two one for top and one for bottom each of them went all the way. Also added black pearls to the butterflies to cover the glue on vellum and again added the vellum butterfly to all the ones that had body even if they were hanging outside the square. The message is this month's PP grown with kindness kit with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink and the You is from thanks set by Honey Bee Stamps same ink




For this project, I did the strip fold card and added a butterfly from the butterfly gala set with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink and matching punch butterfly duet and black pearls as body



And last but not least, the last project, because the punch didn't match any of the butterfly and I'm too lazy to fuzzy cut I just cover each and every one of the butterflies with glossy accents unfortunately you can't see it on the photo. On the two outside panels I added clear droplets by PPP. When I got these droplets wasn't sure about them but actually they're cool on flowers it's like water drops 😊 again because they're clear you can hardly see them, sorry about that



I love challenges, sometimes it may take me a little longer to work on them but I think because this one had butterflies it was just calling my name LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment