Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Shoebox Tuesday

For today's shoebox project I decided to do Gina K's technique. Unfortunately since she released her kit it has not been available which is a bummer but not the first time guess as as business is a good thing IF they sold out that quick but sometimes feels like they only make enough for their designer team just to tease us and then takes weeks before the actual customer can order the kit. For this kit it included a template that people like me, that are visual persons, was able to make the template so I could work with her technique regardless of the kit been out of stock. Jennifer McGuire had taught the technique of making a wreath long time ago with a ruler and pencil which was way too much work as you have to do marking and then erase them and I hate complicated things, with Gina's template and the stamping tool is way easier.
Unfortunately there are people like Dawn Olchefske that copy her template and technique and didn't give her credit. On her tutorial she made it sound as if her and her team of demonstrator came up with this on their own as something to do for the stamparatus. Very disappointing as I thought she was better than that. I understand that she must be one of those people that do not buy anything from another company since they sell from one company but giving credit when copying something when you are able to do it yourself and teaching others how to do it is the least she could do, just my thought. Like Brian from Stamping with Brian always says you have to give full credit where credit is given when doing something public like a blog or YouTube or class/workshop.

I made my template out of heavy plastic with PPP die and will probably will continue to use this even after I buy the kit just because it's steadier, but this one only works on my Tim Holtz platform as it's about 6.5x6.5. I made it this size on purpose because I like more room around the die and since my favorite stamping tool is the platform it worked perfectly. The first template I did was 6x6 so it could fit on my MISTI even stamparatus not for my other 2 stamping tools but it was to whimsy on the sides as my square was too close, guess I could have used a smaller square die as it doesn't matter how big or small the square is you still get the same effect so I might try that.

For my wreath I used beautiful bouquet set by SU with different Altenew inks. I used both sides of my platform to stamp all my images as it's easy to do this since the door comes out. The message is from same set used tuxedo black ink. Ribbon is by celebrate it from Michaels, I used EK Success corner rounder to only do two corners opposite to each other


No comments:

Post a Comment