Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Birthday Blitz

Today I attended a SU workshop with some friends with one of the local SU demonstrators. We got to make 10 cards 2 each of 5 designs.

For these first two cards, we used perennial birthday stamp set with dapper denim, flirty flamingo, lemon lime twist & berry burst inks and rhinestones


the inside was to be stamp directly to the card base BUT I personally don't like that first card cardstock is not thick enough so it shows through and second I like using liners that ways if I messed up while writing my personal message I can just remove the liner and add a new one even if I don't have the same stuff I used on the workshop I can just add my own message


For these two cards, we used seaside textured impressions embossing folder, layering squares framelits dies and the set waterfront. The message is from the set above perennial birthday. Inks were dapper denim, garden green, so safron, the pool party & chocolate chip were both stamped off. I mounted my squares on foam, don't remember if it was or not but I did on mine 😊


These two card are the same but with different color DSP papers so we used rich razzleberry and marina mist inks the set is one of the sale-a-bration items happy wishes and some pearls the DSP was sweet soiree specialty and we also used silver foil sheet



For these two cards, we used polka dot basics texture impressions embossing folder, two of the freebies sale-a-bration items celebrate you thinlits die and party pandas set. The pandas were to be stamped with basic black ink but as you know I don't like that ink so I used tuxedo black, we used the 1-3/4" circle punch and I colored my party hats with Copic markers instead of stampin write markers 😊 all 3 circles are raised with foam but the center I did it higher than the two on the outside, not because they were that way I just because liked it better


and last but not least these last cards the DSP was different just because when you get the packs they not always have enough for all who come to the events but they do have the colors you need so we did one of each of the patterns available from the true gentlemen DSP pack, the background was done with burlap stamp with crumb cake ink, the message was done with night of navy with better together set. On the message piece we also stamped the burlap with the stamped off crumb cake so it wasn't as dark. Once again I used a liner for my inside message, we also used burlap ribbon and an enamel dot from the regal pack




No comments:

Post a Comment