Monday, September 11, 2017

Happy birthday rooster

Today's the birthday of my dear friend's hubby and this is the card I made for him. I was debating on which animal to make as I had a few of the Hero Arts sets I wanted to use but I have thing about roosters, don't like them in real life they're noisy and messy but when it comes to stamps I do, they're fun to color!

I used happy stamp and cut set for the message with tuxedo black ink and the rooster is one of those color layering sets that you have 3-5 stamps to layer to do all animal. I used Altenew ink for most of the rooster and grass, the last layer on the rooster was tuxedo black and I also used timeless textures set by SU with mountain mist stamped off before stamping all over the paper just to give a little color and texture to the white sky (which doesn't show in the photo but it does in real life) I did have a little trouble aligning the layers I'm sure there was a piece I was supposed to use as a guide but didn't know what! after doing it a few times it worked out best for me stamping the second layer first and then the rest


No comments:

Post a Comment