Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Shoebox Tuesday

Today's shoebox project was a card I saw from Teneale Williams so of course, I had to make it as you know I'm into butterflies and right now I into split panel cards :0) she did her card based on a sketch, I decided to changed mine not using the sketch but taking her split panel idea and adding my message on the open area also since I don't like watercolor I took the opportunity to use my new oxide ink.

I did the DTP with blending tool and wilted violet ink. The oxide ink reminded me of chalk ink, I never tried adding water to see the reaction with chalk ink, on this card I added shimmer mist...you can see in some areas where the ink is more vibrant and the other areas are more soft or dull (photo doesn't show the shimmer but in person is very shimmery). The butterfly is swallowtail by SU stamped with tuxedo black. I decided to use different messages so they could see it could be used for any occasion so I used the messages from 3 sets butterfly set by Hamtop Art (first card), Ornamental butterflies by Poppy Stamps & elegancia esencial by SU (last card).






No comments:

Post a Comment