Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Shoebox Tuesday

For today's shoebox project I have a Christmas card as we're still in Christmas in July :0) I think I saw this card by Judy May last year or maybe it was by someone else either way, when I saw Judy May's recently it reminded me I wanted to make it so I finally did!!

I used Elizabeth Crafts dies for my ornaments and I decided not to put a message so I could use it either for people in the States or Mexico if I decide. I know I could add a message in Spanish and let it be for Mexico since now and have a message for my friends in English but I didn't like the font on any of the ones in Spanish that fit. Surprisingly when they do make stamps in Spanish they use ugly fonts; and I didn't think about it ahead of time to print something with computer so it stayed with no message :0)

The folder is softly falling by SU. On the second card because I was in such a hurry trying an easier way to add the beads easier forgot to embossed so I randomly stamped the star dust from star of light set by SU with tumbled glass ink...we only did the first card but thought I would show you both cards for those of you don't don't have embossing folders so you can see another alternative to add texture. Since its a shaker card which already has dimension I didn't want to add more dimension so I added the string of the ornaments with Copic Marker plus I didn't have anything other than white baker's twine to use and didn't like white on white. The micro beads I had forever so not sure where I got them



No comments:

Post a Comment