Saturday, July 15, 2017

Card in a flash

Today I attended a SU workshop with two of the local demonstrators it was their way of combining a stamp-a-stack and one sheet wonder into a quick 12 card set. What they did was all base in a DSP pack and whisper white cardstock that's it, no other papers. So they cut the DSP 5.25x4 giving you 6 pieces and the rest were 3/4x4 pieces and from there all cards were done using the same pieces. We did use a lot of the ribbons and a lot of pieces were mounted on dimensionals but they didn't have to, some that they had I didn't and some they didn't I did :0) and other than a little other detail pretty much I didn't change from their simple quick on the go cards. All supplies are SU.

For these two cards, we stamped the main images exactly the same, layout was almost the same just different papers. Sets Sunshine sayings and Oh so eclectic; inks emerald envy & lemon lime twist, classic label. What I added was I rubbed my main piece on the ink pad to add some color as It needed some color and since we had not other papers it just gave it that extra color not plain white :0) ribbon was the ugly crinkled seam binding on one and the other I'm guessing finely woven

    

For these next two cards, again pretty much same lay-out on one we wrapped the twine around the strip of paper with a bow the other, the ribbon was on the bottom layer and the strip of paper was cut as banner same size as the banner with the message.

These again I rubbed the main piece on ink pad to do color and since my hand shaked a bit one had a lot of ink but I was ok with it, surprisingly LOL Set watercolor wings; ink emerald envy, lemon lime twist, peekaboo peach & soft sky; ribbon whisper white solid Baker's twine, ombre lemon lime twist

 

For these next two cards, again we stamped the main image identical so was the message. On one we added the ugly crinkled seam binding and on the other the striped grosgrain ribbon. Again I rubbed the main image on the ink pad to give a tint of color on the edge also on the right card I cut my message smaller than 3/4" Set Colorful seasons

 

For these cards, we switched a bit on the main image by color and how we filled the empty space but otherwise same thing

Set watercolor wings; inks fresh fig, berry burst, night of navy & soft sky; ribbon finely woven berry burst & I think classic weave soft sky but it could also be shimmer pool party...since the pieces were already cut for us have a hard time telling a part which is which LOL

 

For these two cards, we used again colorful seasons set for both cards, same message on both, I did the same of rubbing the ink pad on the edge to give a tint on edges one I mounted flat the other on foam. Inks soft suede, fresh fig & rich razzleberry

 

Last two cards, these are complete different image on the front as we used two of the same set  beautiful you. On the one on the right, it was more monochromatic using emerald envy ink for everything, this time instead of rubbing the main image I did the message which I mounted on foam and the main image flat but the ribbon was the ombre lemon lime twist. 
On the card on the left, I decided to use the other side of the strip instead of the one they used, didn't care for the pattern with the pattern we were using, again, I rubbed the image piece on ink pad and I mounted both the message and main image on foam for this one we used night of navy and lemon lime twist inks, the ribbon I think was classic weave soft sky

 


If you are looking for a quick way of using up your DSP and not using a lot of stamps set this is a great way to make lots of cards pretty quick, no coloring and lots of cards done in short time





No comments:

Post a Comment