Saturday, April 15, 2023

On the Saturday with Bridget workshop for Saturday March 18 the educator was Pam Boedeker and she taught Dip Dye techniques with watercolor. I really don’t like watercolor, watercolor & I don’t play good with each other LOL but I tried one of the techniques.

Tried Hero Arts watercolor paper that came in a kit but it didn’t work paper just crumble when adding water so turned to Tim Holtz watercolor paper which always works good. Masked the top for the message area then added clean water then let the watercolor drip using watercolor brush markers tropical fiesta set by Altenew, one color at a time starting with crimson, sunkissed, fresh lemon, lime and turquoise. Let dry a bit and removed mask then added black strip for message mounted layer to an A2 card base of Recollection 110 lb. white cardstock


normally I leave cards without message if I can until I need them so I can add the message I need for the person I'm sending specially since I send to Mexico and message should be in Spanish and I don't have a lot of messages to fit my needs. I needed a birthday card so used beautiful inside stamp set with obsidian pigment exceptionally crisp ink both by Altenew





No comments:

Post a Comment