Friday, March 24, 2023

Card Shadow Box with Vellum

I took a workshop with Laurie Patterson educator from Altenew. She called her card shadow box with vellum. The class was to make 2 cards but since I hate doing embossing only made one as I was having issues with the embossing LOL

All supplies are Altenew unless otherwise noted. All white cardstock is Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 80 lb. cover smooth white cardstock except card base that is Recollections 110 lb. white cardstock.

Started by stamping the image from build-a-garden: magnificent branch on vellum translucent paper with VersaMark ink and embossing with Hero Arts white embossing powder. We were supposed to color with alcohol marker but I decide to use the matching layered stencils with crisp dye inks from the four scoop collection dark chocolate, from the jewel tones collection green onyx and from the sugarplums collection all 4 colors. I colored on the front and then on the back as you can use stencils both ways. For the frame used 4 layers die cut with glass effects Shapeabilities by Spellbinders and Cindy Echtinaw Designs Card Creator Perfect Layers A. Die cut leaves from just leaves die set which I glued all over a layer of white that was die cut with the same glass effects so everything will match perfectly and then mounted the frames except for 1 which I glued on top of the vellum and finally mounted all to an A2 card base 


normally I leave cards without messages until I need them so when I needed this used a foil plate since I don’t like wet embossing. Picked mini Christmas sentiment strips hot foil plate & die set by Spellbinder for the Glimmer Hot Foil System which is what I have and used scraps of Glimmer foil opaque black from the set black & white. Didn’t use the die to cut the message just the guillotine. The message said joyful blessings to all but in all the set I had there was no sympathy plate so this one the one that would work the best for what I needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment