Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Christmas

 Wishing you all a Feliz Navidad and a Happy Christmas!

One of my online friends send us this fun fold type card for our anniversary and then I took a workshop with the educators of Altenew and Annemarie made this fun fold card also so decided it was a sign to get it out of my to do list. SU demonstrators calls it cascading display fun fold card and another name I found was double display pop up gate fold. It folds flat for mailing and it’s A2 size but THIS card will require extra postage because of the poinsettias but if you do it differently you probably wouldn’t need extra postage but since it’s for Bret I wasn’t worry about dimension. 

I made my card base with Park Lane white core smooth 110 lb. jewels cardstock, because I didn’t like the white showing I used a Copic marker to cover the white all around. For all layers that I needed white cardstock I used Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 80 lb. cover smooth white cardstock. On the front layer used a slimline stencil with Tim Holtz distress ink mowed lawn with Picket Fence Studios life changing blender brush, then for the poinsettias used layered poinsettia dies set by Spellbinders with color mates cardstock 65 lb. by World Win Papers these papers are old not sure if they still in business but each color has 4 tones which I love for things like this, I picked Racy raspberry deep, dark, medium & light; for the center used all that bling dimensional stickers mini gold gems by Jolee’s; for the green used scraps of Core’dinations green 65 lb.




For the second layer used poinsettia stencil by Impression Obsession Paper Crafts with Tim Holtz distress ink candied apple with Picket Fence Studios life changing blender brush

Finally for my last layer used some Tim Holtz distress ink rustic wilderness with Picket Fence Studios life changing blender brush and then used the stamp by DeNami corner poinsettias with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink but decided to add some color and that ink it’s not Copic friendly so stamped a couple times with Memento Tuxedo black ink on top to hopefully it would help with the bleeding and colored with Copic markers but didn’t blend as I didn’t want it to bleed. The message is by Morning Star with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink



 

No comments:

Post a Comment