Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Northern lights


Finally my monthly hero creativity in a box kit from last month (June 2020) which was a celebration of the wonders of the northern skies –aurora borealis arrived a few days ago and of course I had to play with it right away since I had been waiting for it for a long time. I have never been lucky to see the aurora borealis in real life so had to work from what I saw on the blog hop assuming the people knew what they were doing LOL of course my card is on the easy side as I don't do embossing and I just wanted to play see how I could do the card with a lot of work as the people on the blog hop made it look like. Besides the stamps and dies kit came with a glow in the dark lacquer that no one used so don't know how that works I believe is like glossy accents so will play with it on another time. 

For used the ink cubes directly on the stamp with my crisp dye ink on the water area with turquoise, on the light hills I used sea glass and the rest I used dusk then stamped then using Picket Fence Studios life changing blender brush added some peach perfect but it didn't seem to show so I added some cotton candy and again it didn't didn't seem to show so finally tried hydrangea and that worked better and somehow after I did that the other two colors kind of came through a bit. I die cut 3 times the mountains and then when I was going to pick a message I was asking Bret what this one message meant...originally I read you are my beacon of light and he explain so I thought sure that could work so stamped it with VersaFine Clair nocturne, punched it out on story label punch by SU cut off the ends added some black cardstock and then realized it said a beacon not my beacon so told Bret correction and he said yeah meaning would still work that way so I added unto the card and as soon as I set the card on his tablet so he could see it when he came it from the garage, he came in to say you know like on a light house and boats. I laugh and said well I made you a card but used the wrong die he said he still like the card. So now you know why there is this message on this card 😁




No comments:

Post a Comment