Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Happy New Year's Eve! & Shoebox Tuesday

Happy 6th Day of Christmas and New Year's Eve

Looking back to 2019 seems like the older we get the faster it goes but of course it doesn't as it is always 365 days each one 24 hours and as much as we would like more hours in a day to do more things on our list or more days it just never happen.

This year as every year seems like we loss a couple people but this year we didn't have any new member in the family. In June we loss Mike



and in September we loss a very sweet lady my foster Aunt Georgia


On the happy memories for us: Our only nephew from my siblings turned 18th in January

our grand-daughter from youngest son, Paris, turned 9th in March and we celebrated her in Black Angus


We took a long month vacation to across the State of Idaho on our 5th Wheel during the month of June with our cat Reva and got to meet in person with an on-line stamping friend that I've known for over a decade, Phyllis and her husband Lyman


and on the way back got to see our friend Vicki and one of her daughters her one son that live in Eastern WA which we hadn't seen in over a year, it was so good to visit with them.


In August for our 24th anniversary we took a road trip with Reva to the cold and windy Oregon Coast


Our grand-daughter from oldest son, Samantha, turned 3 in November


Bret and one of my sisters planned a week trip to San Diego for my 54th birthday where we met with my other sister


and also got to see a cousin I hadn't seen since 1992 when he and his wife came to visit me in Acapulco! and of course Bret got to meet him, his wife and one of his son and wife; back then they didn't have any kids so I also got to meet them.


Last but not least, which is not personal news at all but a big thing that happen this year, our President got impeached for breaking the law! showing us citizens that no one is above the law in this country. Maybe he won't have any repercussions law wise for what he did but, still to me at least it did show that not even the President is above the law.

Now for the card making part this is the project I made for my friends. I can't remember when was the last time I have hosted on a 12/31 so decided to make a card saying good-bye to 2019. It was hard as I had everything ready the only thing missing was the good-bye message and no one company in the industry has a stamp that says Good-bye which was unbelievable!! I had said good-bye so many times over the years, maybe after I started making cards so never thought about it but I'm sure there are people that has been making cards longer than me, Impress has been in business over 30 years so I couldn't believe I could not find one stamp and yes I could print BUT since I was using background paper and it was for a shoebox project it was not an option. Am I the only person that has ever said good-bye to someone that's why there is no need for that stamp??

I did have to get this stamp which I like the font but it was the end of a sympathy message so it's small so would love it bigger and with capital letter as a wanted it as MAIN word but can't be picky since it's was the ONLY stamp with a good-bye, this one is by Waffle Flower, rainbow bridge with paris dusk ink, the bottom message is from sale-a-bration set part of my story by SU, the numbers are combination of numbers I have and then added Nuvo Crystal drops gloss midnight blue on my "fireworks"


No comments:

Post a Comment