Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Shoebox Tuesday

For today's shoebox project I wanted to try the pleated skirt fold technique. Like a lot of card makers I check or get newsletter from Split Coast Stampers, some do work on the tutorials others just like to look. I decided to do their weekly tutorial from a couple weeks ago, actually I started about that time but just finished my cards. Was having a bit of a problem on the embellishment but think this worked, at least I like it :0)

It's recommended double sided paper only because you can see the back on the pleats but you don't have to if you don't mind having plain white on the folds. My paper is cardstock weight I got at Ben Franklin craft store it has some glitter/emboss on one side which love as it doesn't get everywhere :0)

I decided to change a bit my folds...I cut my paper 3" by 12" since my paper was double sided I use both sides from that piece. For my samples I used both sides for top and bottom so they could decide what they liked more. I like best the message on top and pattern on bottom.



I cut a piece 3" x 4" for my top, the rest of the paper was used for the skirt fold; my long piece was scored at 3", 3-1/2", 4-1/2" and 5" it was more even of course if this is what you like other wise you could use the dimensions that Split Coast had which were 3", 3-1/2", 5" and 6-1/8". Also I cut my diagonal line at the 1-1/2" to the 3" score line. After having my piece scored and folded I glued to my layer piece and then cut excess just to make it easy...for me, that is :0)

My embellishments were a sticker from JoAnn's and the 3 leaf clover punch by EK Success with a rhinestone

No comments:

Post a Comment