Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Shoebox Tuesday

For today's shoebox project I decided to do a St Patrick's Day card since it's the next holiday. Hoping I can get my cards done on time :0)

Checking Pinterest saw a card by Dog Gone Delightful Stampin and since I have been wanting to do this technique figure it was just the right card. I had my pocket of green papers so picked 3 patterns for this card. She said she used the faux embossing technique which didn't make any sense as we ARE embossing anyway, I attached the clovers (dies by Memory Box...one die has 3 leaves and one 4 leaves) on my white panel then ran through machine with a Cuttlebug folder.

Because my card was regular A2 size didn't like the 3" square so I cut two squares on green 2-7/8" and two on white 2-3/4". Two of the background papers were cut 2-1/2" and then cut in 4 so I ended up with 8 squares 4 of each. Next time I would cut it 2-5/8" or bigger base, I like the smaller border. Also my base would be for A6 so the squares are not so close to edge but still same size. The 3rd background paper was for the clover on center.

I glued the squares forming an 8-point star. Wendy attached individually the white to the green and then formed the star I preferred attaching the green to green and then the white to white then to each other. I mounted my star to base and then started tucking in the squares alternating the papers.




No comments:

Post a Comment