Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Shoebox Tuesday

At this month's SU club they were working on paper molding but not the kind I knew. So talking to my friends they wanted to know the way I knew it so I showed them how to do it as I remember from 100 years ago :0) .

I made these the other day so they could be ready for today. Here is as this one was drying



and this is how it ended up after it dried.




now they just need trimming and color with chalks but I don't have chalks any more :0) it was just for showing how it was done not that I was actually going to use them :0)

At first they were just going to play with paper casting/molding but then thought they were not going to be able to actually do much as it takes time to dry so I decided to also have this project for them. It's the last shoebox in July and of course my last Christmas in July card :0)

The tree is part of SU's lovely as a tree, message in English is by Sweet Impressions and the one in Spanish is by Good Stamps Stamp Goods, the border edge punch is by Martha Stewart and the embossing folder is Cuttlebug. I was going to do the rock n roll technique BUT my OCD always kicks in so what I did was color the tree with the light green ink pad and then use markers to do the rest of the coloring...darker green around the whole tree, brown for trunk and very dark green for the ground. Pretty much same look but without contaminating ink pad :0)



No comments:

Post a Comment