Wednesday, October 1, 2014

World Card Making Day

As we all know, or should know being card makers, the first Saturday of October is World Card Making Day. A day for card makers. A day to use as an excuse to ONLY work on cards all day long and then share them :0)
Years ago my friends and I used to do road trips to all the stores in the area. One year was going north and the next south and so on. I was surprise that pretty much ALL stamp and scrap stores we stopped by didn't know about the holiday. Even though a bit disappointing that they didn't have anything to celebrate the holiday a couple of them gave us a 10% off for celebrating the day at their store.
The last couple years I just try to spend the day making cards, Being that the holiday is on Saturday was easy as I don't cook or do housework on weekends. This year I was planning on doing the same BUT we got invited to a wedding which was more important. Since I'll be with no card making supplies decided to celebrate it early, today. I invited a couple friends but life got in the way so I spend the day making cards by myself. I know not any different than any other day BUT since I had a plan I stock to it, for the most part :0)

In between getting ready for this weekend I did as many cards as I could. Not as many as I would have wanted as housework got in the way. First I finished a couple card kits I had from Crafter's Companion/Spectrum Noir.
This kit was a side step card with all pieces all I had to do was color ribbon and butterflies, cut the butterflies and put together. One of the butterflies I cut with the Brother Scan N Cut, the other by hand as the SNC just wouldn't read it :0(


This one I changed the card. The base card came already embossed BUT I always feel that the card looks unfinished that way so without even thinking I cut and mounted on black card stock.

If I hadn't changed the embossed would have shown on back so the fish would look like the seahorse on front so decided to see if I could find the folder. I don't recall seeing it at any of the local stores, so wasted a lot of time searching online. but wasn't worth the shipping :0) so I used something else, the bubbles from Cuttlebug.


Then I finished my wedding card. Since I didn't know their colors I decided to make it white on white all cut with the Scan N Cut. The base is a cutting file by Monica's creative room, the front is by Heather's M. I added white/clear Wink of Stella glitter brush on the bells and silver on the leaves or whatever they are. I glued my message on back so it doesn't really show but is there.



I continue by picking one stamp set to see how many cards I could make. The set was Best of Halloween from Stampin' Up
I was able to make 21 full cards and stamped and cut 24 more images.


         

On this one I made a slot with the word window punch and the piece that got punched out I glued it to the band sort of to cover the whole. The message is by Make an Impression
                    


No comments:

Post a Comment