Friday, October 17, 2014

Designer's paper

Guess this week Candee and I had the same idea...the use of designer's paper as the main part of the card. I was having a hard time creating lately so surfing I came up with a tutorial -sorry to say I don't remember who was doing it - anyway it was something about it's about the angle so I went through my stash of background papers and you know when you get the pad there are all those papers you can't really use on a card because they're too busy or the pattern is too much well I thought this technique or way of making a card was the perfect solutions. Pretty much you do your card base the same as always...any size works but this is the regular A2, either 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 or 4-1/4 x 11 then you cut your layer 5-1/4 x 4. The you decide where you want to cut your angle and violà. I think you can cut your paper even smaller and just continue the design so you don't really waste the piece you cut off anyway this is what I came up with


The paper was from a pad by K & Company, the message is from a stamp set by My Creative Time stamped with Memento ink rich cocoa. Flowers are by Recollections I believe.
Technically if you do this technique with this size you can get 6 cards out of one sheet and waste about 6 inches give or take that you could probably use for another card :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment