Monday, October 20, 2014

Class in the mail

I got together with some friends and we work on this card kit by Frenchie Stamps. Like always I made some changes but the general idea is pretty much what she did :0)
This kit was 5 cards, they are probably good for any gender. The kit comes with the stamp set, all the papers and embellishments, all you need to do is stamp and put together. Since I only have a hand full of  SU ink pads most of the ink that was used was Memento.

This first card wasn't very happy with the end result. The frame kept bugging me :0) We were supposed to hand-draw a frame and since I was a little off decided to totally made it off so it would look that it was intentional :0) anyway I just didn't like that frame so I re-did the card front omitting the frame. having the paper precut I had to eyeball the butterfly or use stamp positioner but didn't work that good...not too even around. I think it's best to stamp then cut, I understand that since not everyone has all dies and punches it's necessary to get the pieces punch or die cut so we can just stamp, might be hard but when you have to be 110% careful to get an even border and some images no matter how much you try it just never happen or maybe it's just me :0) The inks I used was Sahara Sand & Sweet Plum


Anyway this is my end result which I like more. Also added some pearls by Recollections


Since I have the butterfly punch I decided to make a two-butterfly to give it a little dimension. (sorry for the blurriness but either my hand wasn't working right or my eyes as no matter how many picture I took they were all the same :0( )


This next card the inks were London Fog & Teal Zeal, again added some pearls to the butterflies, the ribbon was supposed to be attach with staple BUT I don't care for that so I made a knot off center and added a glue dot to keep in place


the banner was curved so it has some dimension


For this card we used Teal Zeal and Angel Pink. Since we had to color the ribbon with the ink pad and from experience it takes over 24 hrs to dry and not all ribbons work or once again it's me LOL I decided to air brush it with Copic Marker RV63. The downside is that the ribbon got a little stiff to work so I changed the way it was attached. Some more pearls


 This is my favorite card from all, I think it's the colors. Since I didn't have craft white ink I used Brilliance which gives a little shimmer to it, and the other ink used Tuxedo Black.


More pearls. The middle butterfly the pearls covers the excess adhesive from gluing the super thin bow



This last card was supposed to be a shaker card with sequences BUT since I don't care about the sequence unless I'm sewing something to fabric :0) anyway I decided to make the card pretty much the way it was BUT with out the shaker part. I thought of adding acetate with the message but the color I wanted to use was Bermuda Bay and it was running so I just stamped the message straight.on the cardstock. Beside Bermuda Bay I also used Cantaloupe & New sprout


added a second butterfly to give some dimension as well as adding some pearls



No comments:

Post a Comment