Thursday, August 26, 2021

Happy 26th

 Today Bret and I celebrate 26 years of marriage a long time nowadays 😀 I just didn't have an idea of what to make so I just went for a simple easel card. He loves whatever I make him from simple to complicated, from cute even flowers to mixed media to masculine so I know I wouldn't have a problem liking whatever I give him. When Hero Arts release this set I knew I had to get it as one of our hobbies is hike to waterfalls so what a better set than a layer set of waterfalls. It's one of the HeroScape sets, I used Altenew inks for the stamping and distress oxide for the background with Altenew ergonomic blending brush.

I cut a piece of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 100 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock stamped the layers of the waterfall with crisp dye inks tropical forest collection moss, green fields collection evergreen, northern shore collection icy water, shore collection artic mountain then I masked it and blended my sky with distress oxide ink tumbled glass and salvaged patina. Then I die cut my piece with stitched square die by The Stamps of Life and matted it with Recollections 65 lb. navy cardstock. finally I stamped the Happy 26th anniversary with Memorable moments stamp set by SU and VersaFine Clair nocturne ink and added it to my base of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 100 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock for my stopper I used several pieces of navy cardstock and a scrap of the white cardstock where I stamp my message from the set Ways to say Happy Anniversary by Picket Fence Studios with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink




 


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Yara...and Bret too! Perfect card knowing that you both like waterfalls!! Hope you celebrated in style...26 years is a great accomplishment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Marilyn. Different kind of celebration this year but still good since Bret and I celebrated together all day :)

    ReplyDelete