Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Shoebox Tuesday

For today's shoebox project I actually have two. I had worked on my projects and didn't realize that today was the last Tuesday in July so no more Christmas in July so decided instead of saving the project for December that I would have the two projects :0)

The first one is faux colored embossing. I used Script Christmas tree set by Heartfelt Creations colored the words with Memento dual markers, I used lady bug, cottage ivy, bamboo leaves, olive grove, pistachio, peanut brittle & rich cocoa. I used my MISTI to do this, tried using one color per word, using the MISTI it was very simple to do the next step. I clean the stamp...make sure it was clean and dry as well as my stamp image and restamped the whole image with VersaMark and then applied clear embossing powder...using the embossing buddy helps but I always forget :0) The front panel was cut with Holiday tree 2010 die by Spellbinders. The star rhinestone was from my stash

Obviously, the photo doesn't show the embossing but trust me in real life it looks emboss :0) this technique works well only with stamp positioner or MISTI. No, the MISTI is not a stamp positioner but as long as you didn't move the stamp from where it was the first time as well as putting the paper in the same spot as the first time it will stamp exactly on the same spot. When using stamp positioner it works best if you align the paper with the positioner instead of the stamp :0)



When I showed this card to my friends, one of them said she would like to make it so this was the other project I had worked on. 

I picked some Christmas papers and from there I just had to find cardstock and a message. I used Avery Elle die set custom panel, the message is from more merry messages set by SU with Brilliance graphite black ink and clear embossing powder





No comments:

Post a Comment