Sunday, July 17, 2016

Butterfly ribbon

I finally got my donation box to Gray Matters Foundation off so I can share the cards that were in the box that I have not share yet :0) Most of the cards were thank you which is what they use the most and I also enjoy making those cards :0) they send a card to every donation they get, I also included some everyday cards just because I wanted to fill the box.

This is one of the cards that was any day or occasion. The idea was from Jan B, she used SU's heart punch and their 1/8" ribbon, since I didn't have that punch and 3 of my friend that I asked didn't have it either, looking on my wall found this Martha Stewart punch which worked perfectly then checked my ribbons and found some Offray ribbon that fit perfectly and match paper I had. Instead of making a bow with the ribbon I added a bow of pearls sticker I got at Dollar Tree. Some of those bows were colored but others were just white and since the colored ones didn't match with the orange I just use a Copic Marker to make them match. The butterfly is a SU stamp and matching die and added some pearls from my stash. Decided not to use message so it could be for anything


I also made some in blue except I left the pearl bow the color it came in the package. 


Also, I thought it was best to cut stripes of ribbon instead of threading one very long piece like Jan did :0) I think it was easier plus it saved on ribbon if you are into less waste. On the blue you can see more the image on butterfly compare to orange...in person you could see both well


No comments:

Post a Comment