Saturday, September 12, 2015

Shoebox Thursday

For this week's shoebox project we didn't make a full project. Kathy had for use to play with reinkers and water. We had two choices of images one was a big butterfly stamp by Stampa Rosa and the other was the doily by SU, I played with both :0)

Stared with wet embossed the image with VersaMark and white embossing powder on watercolor paper then wet the paper real good and started adding the colors with wet brush. The more saturated the more the ink ran or spread around.

For the butterfly I wet pretty good to add the first color then I added hardly any water so the colors wouldn't run to much


I finished two cards out of the piece above. On the first one I used the new SU softly falling folder on the whole piece (black piece and message part), the message is by Sweet Impressions.

On the second I use a free folder from the magazine Papercrafts Essentials, the message is by The Cottage Stamper and EK Success corner rounder punch

 

For the doily I mudded the colors...first I did all colors in spiral or circle but then just added water to brush and wet all over to mix all colors to give a mud color...I know mud is more in the brown side and this one is in the green side but I like it :0)


This is the card I finished with the piece above. I fussy cut the image, used SU hostess set Exprésate, modern label & ruffled stretch trim



No comments:

Post a Comment