Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Shoebox Tuesday

I wanted to try one of the new sets I got recently...continuing with my New Year's resolution. This time was Wondrous Wreath. The first thing I wanted to do was make sure it would stamp perfectly as you know I have a bit of OCD so stamping two step (or more) has to be perfect for me to pass on to other card otherwise I would have to keep messing with it until it looks right if it doesn't after several times, more likely it would be a stamp that I won't use again or it won't be use as two steps :0) I won't say it was easier or quicker but it worked for me, stampingwise I got a perfect matching stamping. Sorry I don't know how to create a video tutorial but probably don't want to hear my voice either :0)

This was my project for today's shoebox


St Patrick's Day is coming up so wanted to do my project with that theme. Since I was on the lazy side my panels were done with just scoring...didn't feel like cutting the panels to make it more 3D. What I did was using a gray ink (London Fog) I stamped off on scrap paper then on the card stock, if you've noticed most doors after they're painted you really don't see the woodgrain...you see more the brush strokes LOL so I wanted a very light touch that it was barely show. Then turned my paper over and using my score board did the panels; I added gold brad as most of my doors have the handles that color :0) then I mounted it to my card base which was 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" (5-1/2" x 11" score in half)...the top part was 1/16" smaller all round (4-1/8" x 5-3/8") also being on lazy mood I didn't have dimensionals by my desk so I just mounted the wreath flat on door. The 3 leaf clovers are punched out from a very old EK Success punch.

One of my girlfriends asked where was the wreath hanging from? well...on one of my doors Bret put hooks that on most wreaths you don't see them so this wreath was the same :0) As I have said in the past I have wreaths on two of my doors year round for every holiday and they're all different and sometimes is not really a wreath as they are up and down instead of round.

Anyway except for the framelits die that don't know if it's my die or just my OCD as it didn't align perfectly, the stamping did so I can live with this card :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment