Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Shoebox Tuesday

I have way too many acetate sheets and every time I see a card with acetate I want to do something with it so for yesterday's shoe-box project I finally did. The original tutorial of the similar card was with Deb Valder, obviously she use SU Thinlits die. I decided to use what I had on my desk or right there, I know was in the lazy mood I guess :0) that meant scraps of pink and black paper for base card. But for my butterfly I use a die from a set by Spellbinders that I hadn't used since I bought it years ago. Still trying to use new supplies.

Since I have a thing about wet glue or glue showing I first made my sticky paper :0) I cover my pink paper with scor-tape then cut my butterflies out. Then I cut my card base to fit the butterfly which ended up being 4.75" x 5.5" I used the pink butterfly to decide where to cut the butterfly on the card base which gave me black butterflies left over for another project :0) I cut a whole layer of acetate that was about 3/32" around smaller than the 4.75' x 5.5" and then I cut a frame that was about 1/16" around smaller and about 1/4" thick. Added scor-tape around both pieces glued the acetate on the back of the front and then added the frame that was meant to cover the adhesive of the acetate. Then on the front I stuck the pink butterfly. So it looks nice and finish on the inside :0)


At first the top of the butterfly was staying flat but somehow the second card I did, didn't so I added a black rhinestone and violĂ  problem solve


For the inside I did a little scene using the butterfly basic stamp set by SU, which you can see through the butterfly




The words are stamps from a Heartfelt Creations set

No comments:

Post a Comment