Thursday, October 11, 2018

Dandelion Wishes Card Kit

Today was our play day and instead of a shoebox project since it was just Darlene & I meeting and we had bought this kit months ago, we decided we finally worked on it! Life has gotten in the way so for one reason or another we just didn't get around to do the 5 cards that it had. The kit was from LeeAnn Greff, you get the PDF with color instructions to make 5 cards, the stamp set and all supplies to make those cards not including inks or adhesive or dimensional.

For all cards of course we used SU's dandelion wishes set and for the black ink we were supposed to us Memento or StāzOn since are the inks they sell but since we get to use whatever we want I used Simon Says Stamp intense black ink as it was one of the new inks I wanted to try. It is good for Copic markers and of course any stamping and so far so good except doesn't clean off as good or easy as Memento you do have to scrub harder but doesn't stain like MFT and doesn't smell which is plus for me and was good color wise.

For the first card, the original card was to use VersaMark and white embossing powder but somehow I was having issues with that. My embossing was getting flat, Darlene's was fine so maybe was my ink as she was using the same EP anyway decided to go with black ink instead and it had a white polka dot ribbon bow but we didn't like it so we switched it to pearls. The sample card had a thank you message which was not part of any of the messages in the set so we each did a different message, I used a hello by Neat & Tangle. For the flowers we were supposed to colored them with their blends but of course neither one of us have them so we used Copic marker


For the next card, we were supposed to use two of the new in colors inks to sponged the whisper white cs but we didn't have them so we used Altenew inks, lavender fields and ocean waves with blending tools, later I regretted thought we should have used distress ink as I thought would have been easier to blend but turned out it was my hand not the inks as Darlene had no problem blending. Additional to the paper this card had whisper white sheer ribbon and the circles were mounted on foam


For this next card, we used a partial part of pretty label punch, pink & silver twine, a rhinestone and I mounted my piece on foam but the original card wasn't on dimensionals


For this next card, we stamped the flowers with crushed curry ink added glitter coastal cabana enamel dots for their centers, in the circle punch we stamped with coastal cabana ink the greeting and the tailored tag punch we cut in half so it would go all the way from one side to the other. I did forget to sponge with crushed curry around the circle but oh well unless someone sees the original card they wouldn't know 😊 just like you only know I forgot because I'm telling you 😊


And last card but not least, this card we were supposed to use the Bokeh stamp or mask a rectangle and sponge with soft sea foam ink and since we don't have the stamp and sponging is too hard on my hand I decided not to do it and Darlene thought it was too much work LOL so in my case I decided it needed a little something besides the silver & whisper white twine and the rhinestone so looking in my stash found some subtles enamel shapes in green, obviously not soft sea foam but I didn't care so changed the rhinestone for that and also use two to cover where I glued the vellum to cover them and to me that work just fine, it gave just enough color. The message was stamped in StāzOn since it was vellum and I hadn't tried this new SSS ink so wasn't sure if it worked on anything other than cs and it was the only every day label punch piece I had and I don't own that punch


No comments:

Post a Comment