Friday, January 6, 2017

On the twelveth day of Christmas

Feliz Dia de Reyes or Happy Epiphany. This is the card I gave my family this year and the idea was from Pinterest. The three kings are part of the Ven a Belen stamp set by SU stamped in rich cocoa. Used eyelet lace embossing border punch by Fiskars, pearls by Recollections


Today is the last day of Christmas and I celebrated with my sister and brother-in-law. Amazing how things have changed over the years when I first came to the US over 21 years ago I couldn't find Rosca de Reyes, if I wanted to have one I had to make it myself, my family sent me the recipe even the little baby Jesus toys to put in it now we can find it in a couple of the Hispanic stores, they don't taste like ours but they're not bad :0) even some grocery stores sell them, they don't look that great but can't complain at least they're making the effort right?!

This was the rosca my sister got and as you can see while I was taking the picture I could see one of the little Jesus so it was mine to keep without even cutting!


Well, when I cut my piece it had two baby Jesus in the same piece!! and when I cut my other piece I also got another!! I was the one that got the most so for some I was unlucky for others I was triple blessed either way it's always fun doing the traditions and I get to host our dinner on Dia de la Candelaria :0)



No comments:

Post a Comment